Tuesday 30 October 2012

Phil Neville apologizes for diving, says he won?t do it again

Everton captain Phil Neville put a damper on Everton manager David Moyes' decision to bemoan Luis Suarez's diving before the Merseyside derby by diving in the Merseyside derby. Neville was booked for his efforts on the way to a 2-2 draw, but his reaction after the match was quite different from your usual�villainous�diver.
From The Mirror:
"It was a stupid thing to do," said the Blues skipper. "I don't often find myself in that position and I thought Daniel Agger was going to take me out.
"But I got a good kick up the backside at half-time as I couldn't commit to tackles in the second half. I'll take the rollicking and I won't do it again, that's for sure."
Moyes refused to gloss over Neville's uncharacteristic moment of madness. "I said to him it's completely wrong, you don't do that," he said.
Imagine that. A manager reprimands a diver instead of pretending it's just a problem with other players on other teams and the diver seems to feel guilt and regret. It's almost as if managers have some kind of power over their players that can be more influential than all the public backlash and league punishments combined. Could this be the start of a revolutionary new approach? Probably not.
Jodie Foster Ray Romano Paris Hilton Adam Sandler Derek Jeter Jennifer Lopez Rick Warren Scarlett Johansson Katie Couric Maria Sharapova

No comments:

Post a Comment